JOB PURPOSE: The Business Development Manager ensures the meeting of the company's sales goals for the defined product group, to include retaining and/or increasing market share and sales and profit volumes, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and maintain positive sales relationships with existing customers and visit potential new customers to generate product interest and sell the company's products in conjunction with the field sales force.
- Ensure the meeting of the company's sales goals with the assigned product(s) in the assigned territory, to include retaining and/or increasing market share, and sales and profit volumes.
- Act as a technical resource to customers to address and resolve inquiries and problems regarding company products.
- Support information gathering and retention in Magnetek CRM system
- Develop and review quotes for potential sales.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of all required reports.
- Identify new customer applications and new product opportunities. Coordinate with engineering, application engineering, and field sales to meet customer specifications.
- Ability to travel to customer locations
- Job will require an ability to travel up to 50%
- Demonstrate company products to existing and potential customers plus product specifies, emphasizing value and quality.
- Product specifies include Consultants and Service Contractors
- Develop data relative to marketing trends and competitive products and pricing, ensuring management is aware of changes.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.