JOB PURPOSE: The Buyer/Planner Intern/Analyst Provides entry level support to the Materials group. Provide help expediting purchase orders, new item set up, RTV’s, & ERP system updates and short term projects. Also reviews material requirements for actual and forecasted sales, and plans and purchases the highest quality materials, parts, and components, etc. while meeting delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Run MRP status reports and analyze for adequate levels of materials to meet projected production needs. Check on materials and parts shortages and expedite as needed.
• Review all purchase or MRP requisitions and order accordingly, ensuring the purchase of the highest quality materials, parts, components, or services, while meeting delivery requirements.
• Process purchase orders and/or blanket orders and order needed materials to meet production requirements. Fax, mail, Internet and/or e-mail purchase orders to suppliers.
• Assist with releasing work orders for the shop to process as required.
• Coordinate with suppliers for materials and parts, ensuring the ability to meet production requirements and quality standards. Assist with sourcing of new suppliers as required.
• Record supplier non-conformances in the central database and follow appropriate corrective actions per departmental procedures.
• Process returns for defective materials and parts. Expedite replacement materials and parts. Process inventory adjustments according to departmental procedures.
• Set up part numbers for purchased items as needed, including pricing, costing, lead time, supplier, and MRP planning information. Set up part numbers for manufactured items as needed, including costing, manufacturing lead time, MRP planning and routing information.
• Assist with the establishment of supplier managed, Kanban, or consignment inventories.
• Enter all required data accurately into the computerized system.
• Assist in reconciling invoice and receiving transaction discrepancies.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
• Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.