JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE: The Software Engineer Intern designs and develops a variety of software products that include Microsoft Windows, mobile device platforms and embedded microprocessor firmware development projects. Supplies technical expertise in the product planning process and conducts research to solve and improve or develop new methods and approaches to practical software engineering and product problems that ensure quality, efficiency, and cost effectiveness; in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develop new or modify existing software for Microsoft Windows and/or mobile device platforms. Develop prototypes and oversee the construction of new products or modifications to existing products. Develop test procedures and perform product testing.
• Design software structures and control algorithms that communicate with Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs). Prepare proposals for new products for customer specific applications.
• Act as a technical resource to address and resolve inquiries or technical applications to ensure customer requirements are met.
• Conduct research to solve practical engineering problems or develop new methods to product application, problems, and solutions to ensure quality, efficiency, and cost effectiveness.
• Perform competitive analysis between company products and competitor products to provide "sell against" features and benefits to the sales organization.
• Assist with technical product manuals to include functional descriptions, sequence of operations, schematics, drawings, logic diagrams, supporting information on components, installation instructions, etc.
• Participate on cross-functional teams to ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes, methods, productivity and quality, while reducing costs.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
• Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.