In-House DC Drives Training
The DC Drives training program explores Magnetek’s OmniPulse DDC, OmniPulse DSD, and MagnePulse DMC Drives. This program is 1.5 days with OmniPulse DDC Drives & MagnePulse DMC Drives covered in one day and the OmniPulse DSD Drives covered the next. Program content includes basic theory of operation, programming, troubleshooting, and hands-on practice with the DDC tower, DMC magnet control, and DSD hoist tower.
While Magnetek encourages participants to attend the entire program, the DC program is organized to allow participants to attend one or both days of training based on their needs.
Upcoming Training Dates
Nov. 27 - 28, 2018 (Full)
Registrants may attend one or both days of training.
OmniPulse DDC & MagnePulse DMC
OmniPulse DDC Drive Course Outline
Sessions run from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Lunch is provided.
Nov. 27, 2018
- Features and Benefits
- The Basic Theory of Operation
- Hardware Components – basic drive modules, board layouts, circuit board jumper and switch settings
- Navigating the programming display menus
- Understanding basic parameter functions and how they affect motor / drive performance
- Troubleshooting analysis using drive fault messages and trouble flow charts
MagnePulse DMC Drive Course Outline
- Magnet Control Theory
- Models and Components
- The Quick Discharge Circuit
- Braking Unit Requirements
- Battery Back-Up System Options
- OmniBeam Option
- 250VDC / 120VAC Control Power Applications
- Navigating The Programming Display Menus
- Understanding Basic Parameter Functions With Effect On Magnet / DMC Drive Performance
- Troubleshooting Analysis – Fault Codes and Corrective Actions
- Fault Levels
OmniPulse DSD Drives
Sessions run from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Dec. 13, 2017
May 9, 2018
Nov. 28, 2018
OmniPulse DSD Drive Course Outline
- Features and Benefits
- Basic Theory of Operation
- Hardware components
- Navigating display menus
- Basic parameter functions
- Recording parameters with IMPULSE Link 4.1
- Fault or error codes and corrective action
Space is limited to seven attendees per session for the DC Drive Training dates. Reservations will be allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis. Magnetek reserves the right to cancel training if the minimum number of registrations is not met three weeks prior to the start date of the session. Given this possibility, if you plan to fly, please do not book your flight too early. In the event of a cancelled session, you will be invited to attend another training session.
All in-house training sessions are free of charge; however, you are responsible for your own travel and lodging expenses. We have a negotiated corporate rate of $85.00 per night, plus tax, with a local hotel. This hotel also offers complimentary shuttle transportation between the hotel and our facility.
To register for training, please call us at 1-800-288-8178 or click here
to register for the desired class(es).
Magnetek requests a purchase order or credit card number from each person registering for classes to HOLD their spot. If a trainee is unable to attend, they must notify Magnetek of cancellation by phone or email more than 10 business days prior to the start of the class. Cancellations on or after that date will be subject to a $150.00 cancellation fee. No charges will be incurred if they attend or cancel more than 10 business days prior to the start of class.
For more information regarding Magnetek’s Material Handling training programs, please contact the training team at 800-288-8178 or by email at email@example.com.